Muscle Pain & Aches- Symptoms, Causes & Remedies
Muscle ache is one of the most common medical issues that affect 60% to 85% of the population. In fact, 7% of elder women are fighting fibromyalgia syndrome. Fibromyalgia is a muscular pain disorder, which occurs along with fatigue, sleep deprivation, and memory loss.
If you are also dealing with muscle pain and want to know about the causes or remedies, you have arrived at the right place. We are going to discuss how to cure muscle pain, causes of muscle pain, and a lot more.
Before exploring the causes of muscle pain, you must know how to figure out if you have it or some other kind of pain.
- Weakness is pretty common when you are experiencing muscle pain
- Muscle pain always strike at some particular position of the body instead of occurring all over the muscles
- Muscle bring down your energy and make you feel fatigued
- The stiffness would be observed at the place where you are feeling pain
- Your body might shiver
Fever, dizziness, breathing problems, infection, are seen in certain cases so consult a doctor as soon as you observe them.
Now, let’s have a look at some of the common causes of muscle pain.
- Stress: Stress is considered one of the primary causes of muscle aches. It lowers the body’s immunity to combat inflammation or infection. When your body is under stress, you may feel headaches, chest pain, high blood pressure, etc.
- Dehydration: For keeping the body function properly, it is crucial to drink enough water. Make sure you are drinking 6-8 glasses of water in your daily life.
- Lack of deficiency: Consuming an improper diet can take a heavy toll on your body. It can cause nutritional deficiency, which can make your bone and muscles weak. For instance, if your body is not getting sufficient Vitamin D then it can lead to hypocalcemia.
- Physical Activity: Doing extreme levels of physical activity can put your muscles under stress or sprain. Your muscles become sore after doing continuous use of muscles.
- Sleep Deprivation: Getting enough sleep for your body is necessary for bringing back the body function to normal. It can restore the energy and immunity level that helps to tackle muscle pain.
- Rest: Get proper rest if you are feeling muscle pain. No need to do a heavy workout. Yes, you can do light exercise but only after consulting a doctor. Also, try to sleep for 8 hours minimum.
- Heat and Ice Packs: Place heat pack on the place where you are feeling the pain. If there is inflammation, heat packs work best. However, you can also use ice packs to alleviate pain. Keep the ice on the affected part for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Over-the-counter medicines: Over-the-counter medicines help provide you a long-term benefit but they are addictive. Instead, you can apply pain relief gel or spray like Moov gel or spray.
- Compression therapy: Compression therapy is best when there is swelling. You can get a compression bandage from a pharmacy. Wear it and get a lot of relief from the muscle pain.
- Yoga and Meditation: Participate in the physical activities that will relax your mind. You can do yoga and meditation in the morning and live the whole day smoothly.
Focus on getting relief from muscle pain before involving yourself in some other work. Don’t forget time can keep increasing the pain if you don’t consider getting muscle pain treatment at the right moment.