Surprising Uses Of Body Butter In Your Beauty Routine
Did you know there is one-stop-solution for so many of your personal care needs?
Frizzy hair? Coconut oil. No shaving cream? Coconut oil. Dry skin? Coconut oil. Rough cuticles? Coconut oil. Make up remover? Coconut oil. Lustrous hair? Coconut oil!
According to Bruce Fife, author, speaker, certified nutritionist, and naturopath, ‘Coconut oil is the healthiest oil on earth!’ – what he’s referring to is virgin coconut oil.
So, what is virgin coconut oil? It is the ‘elixir’ that hydrates our skin and hair, according to ancient Ayurvedic wisdom. If you’ve ever visited a tropical destination, those palm trees that bring you coastal calm also bear the fruit that gives you nourishing goodness! The oil extracted from coconuts sourced from freshly harvested coconut farms is 100% pure, chemical free, toxin free, and organic.
Although it is an all-purpose skincare aid, the most important benefit of virgin coconut oil is moisturisation – in the form of lotions, creams, and butters. Let’s have you make your coconut infused moisturiser at home, shall we?
Make your moisturiser at home
If a lotion or cream is what you generally opt for, it is time to give body butters a try. Body butter is enriched with the beauty of butters – water-less and thick plant-based extractions from natural sources like nuts and seeds – which are rich in fatty acids and vitamin A, bringing a natural glow to your skin.
Knowing what your body butter is made of becomes easier when you make it yourself. Here’s a DIY recipe with its bountiful benefits –
- A quarter cup of virgin coconut oil
- Three quarters of cocoa or shea butter in a cup
- Two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Essential oils like lavender or rose (optional, for the aroma)
Place these ingredients in a pan and microwave it until fully melted and pour the melted mixture into a container and shake till it cools. The extremely hydrating body butter is ready to use!
How it helps:
- Removes or prevents stretch marks and scars
- Anti-inflammatory oxidants give you strong skin barrier
- Soothes dry and parched skin
- Protects your skin from free radicals
Coconutty body butter – the best moisturiser ever
What’s interesting is the use of body butter in a coconutty skincare product. You can experience the magical difference in Coco Soul’s Body Butter which is crafted with the goodness of Ayurveda. Infused with virgin coconut oil, organic shea butter and lodhra, it is lighter than most body butters and helps your skin in many ways:
- Rich in antioxidants and nurturing compounds, it can heal damaged skin, remove dryness, and signs of ageing.
- Replenishing your skin with an enviable glow, it smells like heaven and works like magic.
- It is 100% vegan, cruelty free and and organic.
- It is free from harsh chemicals such as DEA, silicones, parabens, mineral oil, sulphates, formaldehydes, sodium chloride, and propylene glycol.
As compared to body lotions, which a lot of us have been using for daily moisturisation over the years, body butters offer a more intense experience. While lotions are lightweight and hydrate your skin, body butters intensely hydrate and deeply moisturise your skin. If you agree, we have more in store for you – Check out the skincare section of Coco Soul!